Thursday, July 23, 2015

MOS Excel 2013 Exam Prep

Dateline: Santa Fe, Thursday, July 23, 2015

Here are some handy links for learning & understanding Excel, and preparing for the MOS Excel certification exam.  I will update this post with tips and suggestions as we go.  Please use the comments section to add your own tips & learnings for other students.  If I really like your tip, I'll add it to the post!

gmetrix - I've created a new code for your test prep, which I'll share with you in all in class.  Please use this code from now on so I can see what you've completed and help you with gaps.  I recommend you attempt & complete EACH of the "core project" and "core testing" sets from the question pool.  You can take them in training mode first, but then do try them in the testing mode.  They have a nice support page here.

Preparing for the "real" exam.  The exam is taken in Console8.  We'll install it today & get each of you an account.  There are more resources there to help you prepare, just don't take the test yet!

Here is a nice overview of the MOS certification exam and how to prepare:  MOS 2013 Exam Test Drive

Finally, here are most of the Excel-related links we've been using from my OneDrive:

4 comments:

  1. I'm beginning to understand why it is important to have more than one device open at once. I never thought I'd ever say that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gone all the way through Core Training 1 this weekend. ! whoohoo,
    At one point I clicked finish, then retry. So it doesn't really show all that I really have practiced on and completed; however, I have completed that much. This is a wonderful tool for preparation for the test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll watch some videos now. ~ Thanks for the variety of resources, Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these valuable exam prep tips. You are helping a ton of candidates with this informative blog. I am also having a thought on beginning with blogging for sharing my tricks and tips with for Bar Exam Prep to the aspirants. I am a private tutor and believe that not everyone can afford the tuitions so just want to help them.

    ReplyDelete